Astrid Riedel, OP-Art, Silver Glass, Flower Cane, Implosions, & 3D Twist, March 7-11, 2019
Hip to be Square/Op Art
- The art of creating the checkered board pattern in or on a bead
- Encasing your designs without dragging the design
- Encasing a spiral core in the bead
- Fine stringer application and heat control
- Adding 3D OP art illusions to your bead
- Learn to encase a round bead and a lentil shaped bead so no ugly sides stick out!
- Lean how to reduce the silver glass
- Layering or pleating the silver glass
- Making silver glass murrini
- Making enameled murrini
- Encasing with clear glass
- Creating well-made lentil shaped beads
- Making perfect round encased beads
Making 3D Flower Murrini
- Theory on how the flower murrini’s are build up so you can make any flower using the explained techniques.
- Creating flower stamen
- The building up of the flower petals
- How to apply the murrini on the bead so that your flowers bloom on the bead.
Marble bead making – Off mandrel
- Preparing a small glass plate as base for the decoration, (done on a punty)
- Making Wig/Wag cane
- Making layered cane
- Making designs with enamels and spiral imprint
- Making spiky implosion in marble bead
- Shaping marbles and inserting a small screw into bead when hot.
- A bail with a threaded pin will be wound into it. This makes it an interchangeable bead.
- NOTE Special tool is required for this technique.
3D style lentil shaped beads
- We will create a variety of designs creating depth into your designs, using unique ways to build up your beads to create lots of depth.
This class does include lunches and glass packs!
We will also be doing a Hotshop dinner the first night of class and then a graduation ceremony the second
to last day of class!